To start creating a matter click on the big 'Create a matter +' button and follow these simple steps:
Select Lawyer or Mediator for both parties
1. Complete file number if shown. This is useful to match to the record to your practise management system (It can be turned on in your Account Settings - under 'Matters)
2. Lawyer - Enter your client's full name and other party's full name
3. Mediator - You will need to complete Party A's full name first and then Party B's further down
4. Select whether you would like to start using the Questionnaire or Dashboard
5. If you're using the Questionnaire, you will need to select the matter type, whether you wish to include the current situation sections and if you would like to invite the client via email to complete it. See further instructions under 'Using the questionnaire'
6. If you choose Dashboard, no further options are shown as you will have access to everything. You can enter information directly into the tabs within your dashboard and can start building up a balance sheet straight away.
8. The matter will now be shown in your matter list. Simply click on it to open it up. The 3 dots '...' icon to the right of the matter gives you a menu and allows you to go back into the matter set-up, rename it or archive the matter. To send the questionnaire to your client at any time, select the 'Set-up' option and complete the client section including selecting the sections you wish to send to the client. See further instructions under 'Using the questionnaire'.